Initiatives and international musicological advice
• 2007: He discovered the last unknown Duke Ellington's symphonic work entitled Celebration.
The work was executed in the Italian premiere by the Symphony orchestra of the Teatro Marrucino in Chieti in a concert dedicated to Ellington, amongst other scientific discoveries of Bragalini. The TG2 (National TV news), major national newspapers and magazines have given a great importance to the above discovery and initiative. “Celebration” will be recorded and published for the first time as an effort of Luca Bragalini.
• 2007: He discovered a manuscript of the composer Riccardo Chailly.
The music was performed by the orchestra in the world premiere of the Auditorium Parco della Musica in Rome in February 2007.
• 2008: He discovered unpublished manuscripts of the composer and jazz trumpeter Chet Baker.
He realized then a project on that music with Paolo Fresu.
On 28 February 2008 the project had its premiere in billboard of Piacenza
• 2008: He is in personal contact with Franca Mulligan, the widow of the composer and jazz saxophonist Gerry Mulligan and the Gerry Mulligan Foundation chairwoman, for symphonic projects.
International Musicology conferences
In October 2008 the Symphonic score by Gerry Mulligan "The Entente" was performed within a symphonic concert at the Teatro Verdi in
Trieste with Mario Marzi (the sax della Scala) as soloist.
• 2001: International Studies: "100 years of Louis Armstrong", 6-7 October, Milan.
The conference brought together some of the leading international experts on Louis Armstrong.
Bragalini report: "the evolution of the rhythmic aspect in the first Louis Armstrong".
• 2002: Conference of studies: "Reflections on Monk". Teatro Metastasio, Prato, February 16, 2002. Bragalini report: "The shattered time: asymmetries in the themes monkiani"
• 2006: International Conference "Symposium on Miles Davis", Bassano del Grappa.
Speakers include Jimmy Cobb, Ira Gitler, Paul Thingen.
• 2006: International Conference on Black Music Research. Society for American Music 32nd Annual Conference. Chicago 15-19 March 2006.
The Chicago Conference has gathered leading experts in the world of African American musicology. Bragalini (along with Stefano Zenni and Gianfranco Saviour) he represented Italy. Report of Bragalini: "La Scala. She Too Pretty to Be Neglected. History and Analysis of an Ellington Composition".
• 2007: International Conference: Gustav Mahler music weeks in Dobbiaco-Toblach-Mahler Talks in collaboration with the Gustav Mahler Internationalen Gesellschaft Wien: speeches of Vortrag Rainer Boss, Vortrag Franz Krieger and Luca Bragalini.
• 2012: International Conference: London (23-27 May) - ELLINGTON 2012 - The 21st International Duke Ellington Study Group Conference, Bragalini, only Italian, chimed in with: "Three Black Kings (and a Duke) in a Symphonic Celebration".
International seminars and masterclasses
• 2009: "The Song Is Ended" - standards Masterclass in jazz history with live examples played by the trio of Fabio Petretti, Paolo Ghetti, Massimo Manzi.
Banka Conservatory Bystrica (Slovakia) - May 2009.
• 2012: master class on be-bop language (multi-voice masterclass of international level involving Bob Stoloff) – Conservatorio di Cuneo, 6/23/2012.
• 2012: master class on relationship between Debussy and jazz (multi-voice masterclass of international level involving also the Maestro Bruno Canino) – Conservatorio di Cuneo, 10/13/2012.